WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGES & PRICES
Thinking of getting hitched at The Horniman? Here is a guide filled with all the juicy details you need to know about your Horniman Museum Wedding!
The Victorian Conservatory and museum found in South London is home to award-winning gardens that have a stunning secret garden nestled somewhere in the landscapes. The white glass conservatory is a unique and beautifully structured Victorian building that will take your breath away!
Before we dive in, here are a few key points you need to know about a Horniman Museum Wedding. This will make it easy for you to figure out whether this is the right venue for your wedding!
- The Horniman is licensed for weddings and civil ceremonies for up to 120 guests.
- Live and amplified music is allowed in all three venue spaces.
- A curfew extension until midnight is available upon request in the Conservatory and Pavilion.
- Forest Hill is the nearest station and is only a short 10 minute walk from the venue. Forest Hill station is only 15 minutes away by train from London Bridge station.
- The Horniman is nestled in the borough of Lewisham, so you’ll need to register your marriage with them.
1. The Horniman Conservatory
An elegantly structured Victorian Grade II Listed Conservatory paired with its own terrace and a private view of the exquisite gardens.
Capacity: 120 seated, 150 for an evening reception (with Guest Marquee)
2. The Horniman Bandstand
Newly renovated Victorian Grade II Listed Bandstand with majestic views of London’s skyline and the manicured gardens.
Capacity: 50 seated, 60 standing
3. The Horniman Pavilion
Built in 2011, the Pavilion is a modern-chic that is minimalistic and airy with floor to ceiling windows, a large open deck and stunning views.
Capacity: 60 seated, 80 standing
The Horniman Conservatory is a hidden gem nestled in an unsuspecting spot amongst the majestic rural parkland of South London.
The graceful Grade II Listed Victorian Conservatory is elegantly tucked away in a picturesque location that is radiant with romance. The stunning glass white structure is one of the few available for hire in London and is charmingly positioned with the surrounds of 16 acres of abundantly lush and gracious gardens.
The tasteful structure offers a Victorian-chic space that is exquisitely styled down to every detail. It’s a well-crafted space that requires little decoration and allows you to enjoy a wedding where you can simultaneously indulge in the warmth of the inside and get spoilt with the remarkable beauty of the garden.
The graceful Victorian Conservatory showcases a stylish terrace that spoils guests with panoramic views across the award-winning gardens. The Conservatory was originally built in 1894, but by 1982 it had fallen into disrepair until it was skilfully restored and reopened in 1988.
The Conservatory allows for up to 120 guests for a ceremony or wedding breakfast, and there is an option to utilise a marquee that would make space for up to 30 additional evening guests.
If you aren’t quite convinced yet, here are some extra perks of having your wedding at The Horniman!
- Free onsite parking for one vehicle (Wedding Car), plus disabled parking space.
- All Conservatory bookings of 6 hours or more are offered the opportunity to reserve the Bandstand for photographs for up to 1 hour free of charge.
- All venue spaces available are licensed for wedding and civil ceremonies.
- Weddings at The Horniman are managed and booked through Suzanne James, award-winning caterers of distinction and dedicated caterers for Horniman events.
HOW TO GET TO THE HORNIMAN
The Horniman Museum is a short 10 minute walk from Forest Hill station which is on the London Overground.
Please be aware the walk to the Horniman Museum and Gardens is uphill though. There are bus services that can be taken that stop at both the station and Museum which is a good thing.
Here is the address: Horniman Museum and Gardens, 100 London Road, Forest Hill, London, SE23 3PQ