Looking for non-traditional and unconventional wedding ideas for your wedding?
- 1 Looking for non-traditional and unconventional wedding ideas for your wedding?
- 2 1. Open your wedding reception with a dance
- 3 2. Take some private time immediately after the ceremony
- 4 3. Do a first look & have a cup of coffee together
- 5 4. Have a lunchtime wedding and take a nap!
- 6 5. Have a breakfast wedding
I absolutely love couples who do things their way. You don’t have to create an entirely unusual wedding or go completely non-traditional, but you also don’t have to do EVERYTHING the same way as everyone else. So here are the stories of 5 real couples I’ve photographed, and what they did to make their wedding day uniquely theirs.
1. Open your wedding reception with a dance
Instead of waiting for after the speeches to open the dance floor, Shingi, Mylo and their bridal party danced into the reception! Their guests went wild! They all did a choreographed dance on the dance floor and then invited their guest to dance. The DJ played about 3-4 killer songs before it all wound down for dinner and speeches. It just goes to show, you can get the party started early!
LaTriece and Cristina had a lunchtime wedding followed by an afternoon dance floor session and family and couples photos. While all of this is unusual in itself, my favourite part is that they went home for an afternoon nap! And then met all of their friends in the city for drinks that night. Just the best!
> Enquire About Your Wedding Date <